Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 12, 2010 Pottery Garden and Gulf Beaches Truthful Update





































Good Morning Family and Friends, I was talking to my sister on Monday about the trip she has planned to Port St. Joe, the end of June. Because of the news reports they are getting in Atlanta she was ready to cancel. I told her to hold on, I was headed over to Navarre Beach to visit a friend and take a look for myself. Navarre is west of us, between Pensacola and Destin. Tuesday night Cheryl and I walked the beach with our high powered flash lights. The sand was beautiful white with a little seaweed washed up, and the water was so clear we could see fish in the waves when we shined our lights into them. We thought we might have found one of the famous tar balls, about the size of a gum ball, but it turned out to be an ocean turd. There was no smell of oil in the air. Bottom line, no oil 130 miles to our West. When I reported the all clear to my sister she said I needed to post some pictures to reassure everyone. I took some shots on the way back to the Pottery Garden for you to enjoy. If your in our area stop by and see us. The Pottery Garden is full of New Fountains and Pottery of all sizes, shapes and colors.








B
































No comments: